Monday, April 4, 2011

It's Not About How You Fall, It's About How You Get Up.....

Who knew that Tom Bergeron from Dancing With the Stars would inspire a blog?  As I sit here with my lap top, checking out the news and reading and learning from Twitter, the TV is on..............

Yes, it was on a couple of blogs ago too...........you don't have to rub it in.  I am a couch potato!

Poor Kirstie and Max just fell on the dance floor.  Host Tom Bergeron said, "It's not about how you fall, it's about how you get up."

If you read my blog, I sometimes admit that leadership gets the best of me.  I know that to be true for my teachers as well.  Whether it be a parent that is not maintaining contact, or a child that comes to school dirty and undernourished.............

In school, we deal with many hardships.  Face it, we teach because we love children.  When you are in front of your class, you are on stage.  You are the motivating, encouraging, loving adult that the children need to see.  Sometimes, though, we "fall" behind closed doors.

What do we all have in common?  WE GET UP!  The children wait for us everyday and we must be there for them. 

So, this blog is for all of the teachers, principals, counselors, and school staff that get up everyday.  When things get rough, you don't stay down.  You know how important it is to get back in the game.  You are the role model that is forefront.

Remember:  it's not how you fall, it's about how you get up!

No comments:

Post a Comment