Monday, September 14, 2009

Come In Tokyo, Come In!

This year I've got all of the gadgets! I am determined to do several walk-throughs a day. To help with this, I purchased a little Notebook. I loaded my Drop In Observation Form and have been pretty successful to completing several a day. I even created a Google Doc so that the Assistant Principal and I can keep track of where we've been and make sure we are covering all classes evenly!

What's next?

I volunteered to make a video for the district - showing teachers how much inspiration they are and how important they are. I tried Animoto for the first time and loved it! I was so inspired by the video that I ran to Target and purchased a flip cam!

First thing this morning I brought out the flip cam and got my camera (still not trusting that I can export stills from flip cam - I don't trust myself). I headed out and took video and pictures.

When it was time to do my walk-throughs, I grabbed my Notebook, my flip cam, my camera. I must tell you, it was an enjoyable day! I saw some great things and was able to document those things with all of my electronics.

I think I looked pretty goofy carrying around more circuit boards than our district server. The kids were fascinated and teachers didn't know what to expect.

As I sit home tonight, my mind is going a mile a minute. How can I make sure that this enjoyable day turns into learning opportunities for the teachers? What will make the biggest impact?

I want this blog post to be a spring board for ideas. What do you think instructional leaders should do with pictures, videos, and items noted on walk-throughs. Yes, I know the normal things - have conferences, watch video together, self-reflection, inspirational videos, educational videos. Principals - what else do we have to offer? Teachers - what will be helpful to you?

Post your ideas under the comment section and check back in to see what comes up!

Until next time, someone needs to let me know if a lightening storm is coming because I'll need to head for the basement...............

No comments:

Post a Comment